Activity Therapist - St. Luke's Behavioral
St. Luke's Behavioral Health Center is a 127-bed facility located in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona. The Behavioral Health Center offers a full spectrum of inpatient and outpatient services for seniors, adults, adolescents, and children requiring psychiatric and chemical dependency care. Individualized treatment plans are developed by our certified doctors and trusted physicians through a collaborative effort between each patient and our caring and experienced staff. We maintain a holistic approach to treatment that addresses each person's physiological, psychological, spiritual, and social needs.
- Grow with a health system that supports career advancement
- Competitive Pay & Salary Increases
- Locations close to home, that support work-life balance
- Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401k via Fidelity, for eligible team members, with company match
- Tuition Assistance / Reimbursement
- Family atmosphere and team approach that provides flexibility
- Opportunities to grow your career, while not changing your employer! With 39 hospitals nationwide, we care for over 12.3 million patients annually and employ approximately 42,000 team members
- And much more!
The Activity Therapist provides direct and indirect patient care, supervises AT Assistants in the acute care and partial hospital setting. Communicates with Physicians/Director/Charge Nurse/co-workers, as appropriate about changes in patient's clinical condition including results of assessment and treatment modalities. Can respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Provides skill building opportunities and discharge lifestyle suggestions on all assessed patients.
This position is onsite and located in Phoenix Arizona.
- BS/Masters from an accredited University with degree in Therapeutic Recreation
- One (1) or more certifications are required:
- Current Certified Therapeutic Recreational Therapist registration (CTRS)
- Certified by the Certification Board for Music Therapists (MTBC)
- Certified by the Arizona Department of Education with Special Education K-12 certificate
- Art Therapy
- Physical Education
- Dance Therapy with current certification
- Two (2) years’ experience in Behavioral Health preferred
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.