The Environmental Services Attendant ensures assigned areas are clean, sanitary, and aseptic by scouring, scrubbing, mopping, polishing, using germicides, and dusting. Responsible for clean workstation and equipment. Must effectively interact with patients and health team members while maintaining quality standards. Demonstrates the knowledge and assessment skills necessary to communicate, educate, and provide a therapeutic and safe environment. Participates in hospital and department performance improvement activities. Other duties as assigned.
- Meets department dress code standards; appearance is neat and clean. Is conscientious in regard to personal
- Wears ID badge clearly visible above the waist.
- Completes annual educational requirements.
- Complete Steward University Assignments in a timely manner
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work within designated time.
- Maintains current job required licenses and certifications
- Attends committee, management, and other hospital meetings, as appropriate.
- Communicates the mission, ethics, and goals of the Medical Center.
- Pursues continuing education and participates in professional and community activities.
- Demonstrated agent for change and process improvement.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Two (2) years institutional cleaning preferred.