St. Luke’s Behavioral Health Center is a 127-bed facility located in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona. The Behavioral Health Center offers a full spectrum of inpatient and outpatient services for seniors, adults, adolescents, and children requiring psychiatric and chemical dependency care. Want to learn more, click here: St. Luke's Behavioral Health Center
Position Title: Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Contributes to the assessment data of the health status of patient by recognizing patient characteristics that may affect the patient’s health status
- Gathering and recording assessment data and demonstrating attentiveness by observing, monitoring and reporting signs, symptoms and changes in the patient condition in an ongoing manner to the supervising RN or physician and documents data in the Nurses Notes
- Identifies and communicates to supervising RN, in a timely manner, changes in patient’s data collection information and patient ‘s needs out of the LPN/LVN scope of practice
- Contributes to the development and modification of the plan of care by assisting the RN or supervising physician in identification of patient needs and goals and determining priorities of care together with the supervising RN or physician by documenting data in the Nurses Notes.
- Implements aspects of a patient’s care consistent with the LPN/LVN scope of practice in a timely and accurate manner including following nurse and physician orders and seeking clarification of orders when needed, administering treatments, medications and procedures, attending to client and family concerns or requests.
- Providing health information to clients as directed by the supervising RN or physician or according to an established education plan. Promotes a safe environment and communicates relevant and timely client information with other health team members regarding client response or lack of response to therapies
- Completes medication reconciliation at time of patient discharge or transfer. Consults with physicians to ensure accuracy
- Exhibits knowledge of medications and administers medications safely, accurately and on time. Uses approved patient identifiers and scans wristband and medications prior to administration
- Functions as a patient/family advocate. Maintains ethical behavior and patient confidentiality. Interacts with patient and families in a manner that conveys caring and preserves dignity. Maintains professional boundaries.
- Respects a patient’s rights, concerns, decisions, and dignity
- Contributes to effective unit organization.
- Contributes to evaluation of the plan of care by gathering, observing, recording, and communicating patient responses to nursing interventions to the RN based on analysis of patient’s responses. Supports team concepts and maintains professional, positive working relationships with all members of the healthcare team. Adheres to the tenants prescribed in the Star Power Program initiative
- Demonstrates ability to be flexible, organized and prioritize patient care activities. Completes work by end of shift or communicates with nursing supervisor anticipated overtime for approval
- Consults with physicians, department coordinators, co-workers and departments to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to meet patient’s needs
- Demonstrates knowledge and practice of current safety goals and policies
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of infection control policies and procedures supporting standards of care. Utilizes universal precautions. Follows policy for handwashing
- Demonstrates ability to operate unit equipment safely and correctly
- Demonstrates ability to utilize McKesson & Portal computer system appropriately including entering of orders
- Demonstrates flexibility with schedule and willingness to float as needed
- Documentation is legible and entries in the medical record include date, time, signature and credentials. EMR- demonstrates understand of EMR and completes all required documentation in the EMR
- Must be a graduate of an accredited program of nursing
- Current hospital experience (within the past five years) or be a new LPN/LVN graduate (within past year)
- Have an active license or be eligible for licensure as a licensed practical nurse/licensed vocational nurse (LPN/LVN) in the State of Arizona.
- Be knowledgeable regarding the nursing process and its application, including the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient care
- Working experience in a behavioral health facility or related field
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families, so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Shift Differential, Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
Steward Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer