Medical Records Tech II
- Indexes all documents to the appropriate folder and ensures that each document is assigned the appropriate name.
- This position will be responsible for assuring that all patient records and loose sheets are scanned into HPF (Horizon Patient Folder) with the highest level of quality possible.
- Will also assist with collection of records of discharged patients and ensuring receipt of all records.
- Will assist as needed with prepping records for scanning and scanning records into HPF.
- This employee will also assist as needed to manage incoming department calls and assist physicians, hospital and non-hospital personnel coming into the department.
Minimum Education: High school graduate with some advanced technical training.
Preferred Education: RHIT (Registered Health Information Technician) Credential
Minimum Experience: One to two years of experience in a hospital medical record department setting.
Preferred Experience: Three to five years of experience in a hospital medical record setting with additional experience in quality analysis or similar position.
Regulatory Requirements: Knowledge of JCAHO, CMS, Federal and AZ State charting requirements preferred. Knowledge of HIPAA regulations preferred.
Language Skills: Ability to read and communicate effectively in English. Additional languages preferred.
Skills: Basic computer knowledge including E-mail, Microsoft Windows and HIM Software applications. Well-developed listening, verbal and communication skills. Ability to multi-task and take iniative to suggest process improvements. Ability to identify problems and provide realistic workable solutions for daily process issues, paying close attention to detail.