Collect blood from patients, ensuring specimen quality, and to answer patient concerns and assure patient safety and comfort, following established standards and practices.
- Draws blood and obtains other specimens and readies specimens for transport to the Laboratory.
- Informs Clinical Laboratory regarding changes in patient orders.
- Instructs patients on proper specimen collection procedures.
- Inspects supplies at their workstation and restocks as necessary.
- Makes recommendations for improvements in quality and/or efficiency to the immediate supervisor.
- Maintains confidentiality of information deemed confidential.
- Maintains work areas in a clean, sanitary, and clutter free condition for the safety of patients, guests, and staff.
- Maintains professional growth and development through approved seminars workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Retains a thorough knowledge of departmental policies and procedures as they pertain to the job, including the fire and disaster plans.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned or requested.
To collect blood from patients, ensuring specimen quality, and to answer patient concerns and assure patient safety and comfort, following established standards and practices.
- Minimum: High School diploma with two years experience with direct patient care and successful completion of an accredited phlebotomy program.