The risk manager is responsible for the facility’s risk management activities, which includes but may not be limited to a general knowledge of facility insurance programs; managing claims against the facility; interfacing with defense legal counsel; administering the risk management program on a day-to-day basis; managing and analyzing risk management data; and conducting risk management educational programs; complying with risk management accreditation and regulatory agency standards with the objective of enhancing patient safety, quality care, and minimizing loss to protect the assets of the facility. This individual participates in formulating policy and/or organizational changes with approval from higher authority.
- Experience is entry level, 1-3 years in risk management
- Position title risk analysis, risk manager, patient safety coordinator, various titles reflecting combined job responsibilities, i.e., QA/RM
- Reports to middle to top level management
- Certification/Education may include associate degree, RN, ARM, pursuing CPHRM
- Key attributes: Strong written and oral communication skills, presentation skills, team player, ability to influence change without direct authority, and negotiation skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled