About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Title: Director of Nursing
Directs and supervises all aspects of nursing services. Implements policies and procedures while coordinating nursing services for the facility. Supervises nursing managers and provides oversight to the nursing units. Oversees staffing of all inpatient units and manages the daily flow. Maintains quality of care and fiscal responsibilities for the nursing departments. Assists in collecting data for monthly performance improvement and other regulatory expectations. When necessary can provide direct patient care on the units.
- Directs, coordinates and evaluates patient care and personnel work assignments to ensure patient care standards are met
- Oversees the nursing managers and supervisors, providing direct supervision, support and coaching
- Oversees the staffing of the inpatient units, works closely with staffing office to ensure safe staffing
- Adheres to, interprets and edits policies to ensure compliance with regulatory and company policies and procedures
- Has the ability to manage time effectively
- Acts as a resource to the unit staff and other departments
- Participates in leadership meetings within the facility and within the region and corporate office
- Participates in employee recruitment and retention
- Delivers competent nursing care
- Responds to and manages patient concerns and works closely with the patient advocate and Risk Director to rectify issues as they arise
- Demonstrates the ability to use Microsoft office and hospital EMR
- Works to improve patient satisfaction
- Completes all other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of AZ RBHA
- Excellent clinical nursing skills in behavioral health nursing
- Ability to work with a team
- Ability to grow leaders
- Understanding of the joint commission and CMS guidelines
Education and Experience:
- Education: BSN & Master’s degree in related field
- Experience: 5 years in a leadership role, at least 7 years as an RN
- Certification/Licensure: RN
- Software/Hardware: Excel, Word, Power Point, prior use of a health care EMR
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 127633