Director of Nursing
St. Luke’s Behavioral Health Center is a 127-bed facility located in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona. The Behavioral Health Center offers a full spectrum of inpatient and outpatient services for seniors, adults, adolescents, and children requiring psychiatric and chemical dependency care.
Directs and supervises all aspects of nursing services. Implements policies and procedures while coordinating nursing services for the facility. Supervises nursing managers and provides oversight to the nursing units. Oversees staffing of all inpatient units and manages the daily flow. Maintains quality of care and fiscal responsibilities for the nursing departments. Assists in collecting data for monthly performance improvement and other regulatory expectations. When necessary can provide direct patient care on the units.
- Directs, coordinates and evaluates patient care and personnel work assignments to ensure patient care standards are met
- Oversees the nursing managers and supervisors, providing direct supervision, support and coaching
- Oversees the staffing of the inpatient units, works closely with staffing office to ensure safe staffing
- Adheres to, interprets and edits policies to ensure compliance with regulatory and company policies and procedures
- Has the ability to manage time effectively
- Acts as a resource to the unit staff and other departments
- Participates in leadership meetings within the facility and within the region and corporate office
- Participates in employee recruitment and retention
- Delivers competent nursing care
- Responds to and manages patient concerns and works closely with the patient advocate and Risk Director to rectify issues as they arise
- Demonstrates the ability to use Microsoft office and hospital EMR
- Works to improve patient satisfactio
Completes all other duties as assigned
- Understanding of AZ RBHA
- Excellent clinical nursing skills in behavioral health nursing
- Ability to work with a team
- Ability to grow leaders
Understanding of the joint commission and CMS guidelines
Education/ Experience / Licensure Requirements:
- Education: BSN & Master’s degree in related field
- Experience: 5 years in a leadership role, at least 7 years as an RN
- Certification/Licensure: RN
- Software/Hardware: Excel, Word, Power Point, prior use of a health care EMR
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families, so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Shift Differential, Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
Steward Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 95896